The online versions of legislation provided on this website are not official. Enrolled bills are the final version passed by the Ohio General Assembly and presented to the Governor for signature. The official version of acts signed by the Governor are available from the Secretary of State's Office in the Continental Plaza, 180 East Broad St., Columbus.
Am. S. B. No. 135 As Enrolled
(129th General Assembly)
(Amended Senate Bill Number 135)
To enact section 5.2287 of the Revised Code to
designate the month of September as "Craniofacial
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Ohio:
SECTION 1. That section 5.2287 of the Revised Code be enacted
to read as follows:
Sec. 5.2287. The month of September is designated as
"Craniofacial Acceptance Month" to increase public awareness of
craniofacial conditions and advances in medical treatment of these
SECTION 2. In enacting section 5.2287 of the Revised Code,
the General Assembly hereby finds the following:
(1) Approximately one hundred thousand children are born each
year in the United States with a craniofacial condition affecting
the child's head, neck, extremities, or organs.
(2) Treatment of a craniofacial condition often lasts from
infancy to adulthood and it is not uncommon for a child to undergo
multiple surgeries before reaching adulthood.
(3) Most craniofacial conditions affect individuals and their
families physically, mentally, and socially.
(4) Many medical procedures have been developed in the past
thirty years to help improve the quality of life for individuals
affected by craniofacial conditions.
(5) The number of physicians specializing in treating
craniofacial conditions is very small.
(6) Many groups advocate on the behalf of individuals with
craniofacial conditions and encourage greater acceptance and
support of individuals with craniofacial conditions.
(7) Ohio is a leader in the field of treating craniofacial